We are recruiting! Project Coordinator
The DisAbled Women’s Network /Réseau d'action de femmes handicapées (DAWN-RAFH) Canada is a national organization of women with various disabilities with a mandate to represent the concerns of women with disabilities and Deaf women to the women's organisations, the disability sector and the Federal and Provincial Territories. DAWN-RAFH Canada's vison is to end the poverty, isolation, discrimination and violence experienced by women and girls with disabilities and Deaf women and girls and to ensure that they get the services and supports that they need.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of DAWN-RAFH Canada’s Director of Projects, the Project Coordinator will be primarily responsible for continued implementation of the “Do the Rights Thing: An Intersectional Approach to Human Rights”. She will oversee the work of three partner organizations based in Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia. Other projects are currently pending approval. In addition, she will be expected to develop and/or contribute to other projects, research and development opportunities.
Under the supervision of DAWN-RAFH Canada’s Director of Projects, the Project Coordinator will oversee the implementation of all aspects of our projects including the “Do the Rights Thing: An Intersectional Approach to Human Rights” initiative, including developing multi-year workplans and budgets, and providing high-level logistical and administrative support to our local or provincial partners or leads.
Working with Director of Projects, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining regular communications with DAWN-RAFH staff, project team members, external consultants, funders, and a range of national, provincial/territorial partners. This would include organizing and participating in meetings and conducting appropriate follow up to ensure that information and updates are shared with all relevant stakeholders.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for timely reporting including but not limited to project budgets including quarterly cash flow projections, as well as narrative interim and final reports, in accordance to funders’ guidelines.
Additional responsibilities include supporting in and participating in the development of related educational, outreach and promotional materials will also be part of the required duties, as well as identifying and/or developing content related to the initiative to DAWN-RAFH Canada’s website and social media for both internal and external use.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent project planning and organizational skills, including the capacity to oversee numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent outreach, planning and implementation skills
- Strategic thinker who is also detail-oriented
- Strong communication, written, presentation and facilitation skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the issues affecting women with disabilities and Deaf women in Canada
- Strong understanding of how marginalized social statuses intersect with disability resulting in multiple barriers to inclusion in society
- Good computer skills which include use of Microsoft Office applications, database management and the internet, including familiarity with social media
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to multi-task and accommodate time sensitive deadlines
- Availability for national travel
Strong communication skills in both official languages
- Asset: Experience of coordinating national projects with diverse team members
- Asset: Experience of resource generation through fundraising, grants, etc.
Employment Equity: As an employer who values diversity in the workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members a marginalized group when applying for this position. We encourage, among others, Black, Indigenous and women of colour, with disabilities and Deaf and/or identifying as LGBTQIA2+ to apply.
Position Type: This is a permanent position, subject to a three (3) month probation period. Currently 4 days/week, this appointment may be extended to full time. The hourly rate goes from $20 to $25 depending on experience. The position will be based out of DAWN-RAFH Canada’s head office in Montreal.
How to apply:
Please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter to Karine-Myrgianie Jean-François, Director of Projects: email@example.com
Applications are due by 10am EST on Tuesday March 26th 2019.
Anticipated start date of May 1st, 2019 at the latest.