We are recruiting! Outreach Coordinator
Established in 1985, the DisAbled Women's Network of Canada (DAWN Canada) is a national, feminist, cross-disability organization that has provided opportunities for self-determination and leadership development for women with disabilities for nearly 35 years. Our national head office is located in a feminist collective in Montreal.
Our mission is to end the poverty, isolation, discrimination and violence experienced by Canadian women with disabilities and Deaf women.
DAWN Canada works towards the advancement and inclusion of women and girls with disabilities and Deaf women by creating change at a systemic level. This includes research, developing curriculum and educational tools, addressing gaps in policy and policy development processes and working with our sectoral partners to advocate for change. Staying true to our grassroots, we keep women with disabilities at the centre of our work. We amplify their voice by ensuring that they are represented at decision-making tables.
As a feminist disability organization all of DAWN Canada’s work is developed and implemented through an intersectional lens.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of DAWN Canada’s National Executive Director, the Outreach Coordinator will be primarily responsible for working with our sectoral partners. Working closely with the project team, the Outreach Coordinator will support our partners in developing the resources and tools needed for integrating the experiences of women with disabilities and Deaf women into their regular work.
Under the supervision of DAWN’s National Executive Director, the Outreach Coordinator plays a key role in increasing our capacity through the development of our network and supporting our partners.
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for on-going liaising with our national, provincial and territorial partners. This individual will provide support to partners in developing a sustained commitment to women and girls with disabilities through their on-going work.
Through the Outreach Coordinator DAWN Canada can begin to build a strong network of community based referral resources for women and girls with disabilities and Deaf women and girls in accessing services in their communities.
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining regular communications with DAWN’s team, external consultants, partners, funders, and a range of national, provincial/territorial partners. This would include organizing and participating in meetings and conducting appropriate follow-up to ensure that information and updates are shared with all relevant stakeholders.
The Outreach Coordinator will also conduct training sessions and workshops with partners, and disseminate educational and informational materials AND will also support the development of new and related educational, outreach and promotional materials with partners.
- Excellent knowledge of organizations across Canada especially those working with marginalized communities
- Excellent understanding of the issues affecting women with disabilities and Deaf women in Canada
- Strong understanding of how marginalized social statuses intersect with disability resulting in multiple barriers to inclusion in society
- A good general understanding of human rights systems (provincial/territorial, national and international)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven community development, networking and relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to diverse groups
- Excellent communication, outreach and organizational skills
- Excellent facilitation skills with an emphasis on a strength-based approach
- Experience in fund development and grant-writing would be an asset.
- Strategic thinker who is also detail-oriented
- Good research and analytical skills
- Good computer skills which include use of Microsoft Office applications, database management and the internet, including familiarity with social media
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bilingualism (English, French) preferred, but strong communication skills in one of the official languages mandatory
- Availability for national travel
Employment Equity: As an employer who values diversity in the workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of a marginalized group when applying for this position. We encourage, among others, Black, Indigenous and women of colour with disabilities and/or identifying as LGBTQIA2+ to apply.
Position Type: This is a contractual position, subject to a three (3) month probation period; with possibility of becoming permanent. This is a full-time position. The annual salary range is set between 35 000 and 45 000 depending on experience. The position is based out of DAWN Canada’s head office in Montreal with some flexibility.
How to apply:
Please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter to Karine-Myrgianie Jean-François, Director of Operations: email@example.com
Applications are due on Sunday October 6th 2019.
Interviews will be held the week of October 15th 2019.
Anticipated start date is November 4th 2019.