DAWN Canada is hiring!!
The DisAbled Women’s Network (DAWN) / Réseau d'action de femmes handicapées Canada is a national cross-disability feminist organization serving women with disabilities and Deaf women in Canada for more than 30 years. DAWN has a mandate to represent the concerns of disAbled women and girls to a range of stakeholders at the Federal, Provincial/Territorial and Municipal levels. DAWN Canada's vision is to end the poverty, isolation, discrimination and violence experienced by women with disabilities and Deaf women and to ensure that they get the services and supports that they need.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Administrative Officer, you will support the Director of Operations and Projects and Administrative Coordinator in their summer tasks:
- Support the archiving of the organization
- Support the development of a database
- Support the training of the team in our tech tools
- Suggest new tools in favor of a more collaborative work
- Update the data available on our IT / tech park
- Perform other related tasks
Since this is sa Summer Jobs Canada subsidy, to apply, you must be
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Expert in Ms Office Suite and Google
- Relevant experience in the field of disability and / or the women's rights / feminism sector
- Experience in the community sector is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- To be able to work in a team and develop a good spirit of collaboration
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and great ability to follow up on files
- Functional bilingualism (French / English) is an asset
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Schedule: 4/5 days a week
Contract length : 8 weeks
Weekly salary: $ 459
HOW TO APPLY
Send by email your resume and a letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 12th, 2020.
As an employer who values diversity in the workforce, DAWN Canada encourages candidates to self-identify as members a marginalized group when applying for this position. We encourage, among others, Black, Indigenous and women of colour, with disabilities and Deaf, identifying as LGBTQIA2+ and/or immigrant to apply.